CPCS Blue Competent Operator Card
Valid for 5 years
The Blue Competent Operator Card shows employers that you are competent to operate a particular type of plant. That you have skills to do the job, the HS&E training needed to do it safely, and real-world experience with a particular type of plant.
To get this card you need to:
• Register for & achieve your Vocational Qualification, in the relevant category. For further information on NVQ’s, please use this link- Monks Training NVQ
• Provide CPCS NOCN Job Cards with proof of achievement of the VQ for the category being applied for to the CPCS Test Centre
• Pass the relevant CITB health, safety and environment test (within the last two years)
• Achieve the CPCS theory test (within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)- usually achieved prior to NVQ commencement.
• Achieve the CPCS practical test (within six months of the CPCS theory test and within two years of the CITB health, safety and environment test)- usually achieved prior to NVQ commencement.
On receipt of your first competent operator card, you will be sent a CPCS logbook. The role of the logbook is to record life-long learning and evidence towards the renewal of a competent operator card.
Application to Upgrade to a Full Competent Operator Card