20 Nov Monks Training Services Ltd are now delivering Trailer Towing Safety Awareness Training
This syllabus sets out how to train drivers in the skills, knowledge and understanding they need to be a safe and responsible driver when towing a trailer with a secure load.
This training represents current good practice for drivers who will be towing a trailer.
The course covers the below learning outcomes:-
- Be able to understand when outside factors can affect your competence at driving.
- Understand and act on your responsibility to make sure that you, your vehicle and your trailer are legal.
- Be able to understand the risks associated with securing loads on trailers.
- Be able to understand and act on the responsibility to ensure the trailer is safely coupled to the towing vehicle.
- be able to control the risks associated with towing loads.
- Be able to plan a journey suitable for towing a trailer.
- Be able to understand what to do if a vehicle and trailer is involved in a crash or an emergency and how to control any risks associated with towing.
- Understand and be aware of the importance of correct load securing.
- Be able to understand towing related road safety.
- Be able to safety uncouple the trailer and ensure it is secure.
- Be able to safety couple the trailer to a vehicle ensuring it is safe and legal to access the public road.
- Have the knowledge to reverse a vehicle and trailer combination safely and responsibly.
- Understand how to control the vehicle and the driving forces and risks associated with towing loads.
- Understand how it is safest to secure and store a trailer.
Contact Monks Training Services Ltd for further guidance and advice or to book with us.
Call 01772 623 017 or alternately email email@example.com